Duel For Friendship Academy
How I believe Testing should be handled. 1302558244895_f
How I believe Testing should be handled. 1302558244895_f
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How I believe Testing should be handled.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Snow
Chancellor
Chancellor
Lord Snow

Duel Points : 56705
Activeness Points : 0

How I believe Testing should be handled. Empty
PostSubject: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:28 pm

1.Create a Test account for the Testers on the forums. Sticky a Criteria that states All Tier 1 Decks + the usual troll decks are all banned from being used by the Tester and the Testee.

2.Have the user submit a full screen shot of their deck and have it sent to a Moderator to look it over and make sure it doesn't impede on the rules. Should it be found in violation. They must use another deck until they provide a proper deck listing that fits the approval of the Moderator in question.

3.On the test account create reasonable decks that follow these criteria and have the testers use those decks against their opponents. (For Quasar ONLY)

4.During a Test, have the Testee and the Tester, be Watched by another Staff member on the forums. This way both parties can verify the testing happened appropriately. All the rules were followed by both the Tester and Testee, and have Screenshots taken so there is proof of no biased behavior.

Back to top Go down
BeautifulHeadhuntress
User
User
BeautifulHeadhuntress

Duel Points : 56779

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

^^^ Love it. and dont start testing other people until you're done testing the original testee.
Back to top Go down
Icy Cold Fox
User
User
Icy Cold Fox

Duel Points : 62663

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Here are my thoughts on this...

#1: I don't think this is really necessary, but making an account for Testers to use is an interesting idea. The second part mentioned is already taken care of on the Student Placement Test thread; the decks not allowed are posted there, and use of meta by the Testee is taken care of by a subtraction of points in the creativity category.

#2: This one I don't exactly approve of. As long as the Testee is not using the decks that aren't allowed as mentioned on the Student Placement Test thread, then this isn't needed.

#3: A couple of changes to be made here: Any of the testers can make a deck on the tester account to be used as long as the deck is approved by a majority vote from the testers.

#4: The only way I see this working is setting up some sort of test appointment thread that requires two staff members on at the same time, which is not guaranteed to happen. A better way I see this working is to have the tester provide screenshots, and if the Testee is unhappy with the way the Tester scored, then the Testee can request to be re-tested by a different Tester if another Tester(s) can determine from the screenshots if the first Tester was biased.
Back to top Go down
Lord Snow
Chancellor
Chancellor
Lord Snow

Duel Points : 56705

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Icy Cold Fox wrote:
Here are my thoughts on this...

#1: I don't think this is really necessary, but making an account for Testers to use is an interesting idea. The second part mentioned is already taken care of on the Student Placement Test thread; the decks not allowed are posted there, and use of meta by the Testee is taken care of by a subtraction of points in the creativity category.

#2: This one I don't exactly approve of. As long as the Testee is not using the decks that aren't allowed as mentioned on the Student Placement Test thread, then this isn't needed.

#3: A couple of changes to be made here: Any of the testers can make a deck on the tester account to be used as long as the deck is approved by a majority vote from the testers.

#4: The only way I see this working is setting up some sort of test appointment thread that requires two staff members on at the same time, which is not guaranteed to happen. A better way I see this working is to have the tester provide screenshots, and if the Testee is unhappy with the way the Tester scored, then the Testee can request to be re-tested by a different Tester if another Tester(s) can determine from the screenshots if the first Tester was biased.
1.As I stated in chat. I did not see the Student Placement Test thread. Also, When I asked several moderators what the criteria was that we are to follow when being tested. None of them knew. So apparently you are the only one not oblivious to the existance of that thread.

2.The point is to make absolute sure they aren't using those decks. If you go into a duel with the tester after stating you're not using those decks and you don't realize that your deck is actually considered to be apart of that criteria of banned decks. Not to mention if trolls intentionally do it to aggravate the testers. This rule stops the trolling and in case a mistake is made it can be corrected before any time is wasted on having to change decks, wait on the testee again, and re-do the match.

3.This would be pointless. You're not going to get that many people on to vote any ole time you want. Not to mention it's a much bigger waste of time to do all that, than to use the decks put in place for you by the Owner herself.

4.If moderators are active. Then getting 1 staff member to watch really shouldn't be that difficult. There are alot of staff members here at the present time, and all of them including the Owner herself is very active. As more people join and as a bigger staff is needed over time. It will only make this idea much easier to use. Also, it takes time to have to submit a new form asking to be re-tested after that's been deteremined, and then we have to find a whole new suitable tester to re-test the individual wasting even more of everyone's time. When the watching Staff member can state. "I felt it was biased, these were the mistakes the tester made, and this is the real score I felt they should get." From an objective opinion on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Chancellor
Chancellor
Trinity

Duel Points : 56795
Activeness Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Good Read.

5 Stars. you are right. This was my fault. I was doing it wrong at first lol
Back to top Go down
BeautifulHeadhuntress
User
User
BeautifulHeadhuntress

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Is there a way to like, unwatch a topic? Its annoying to get notifications....
Back to top Go down
Ms. Trill
Chancellor
Chancellor
Ms. Trill

Duel Points : 62941

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 am

This is a really good idea to have a testers account
Back to top Go down
https://dffacademy.forumotion.com
Ms. Trill
Chancellor
Chancellor
Ms. Trill

Duel Points : 62941

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 am

BeautifulHeadhuntress wrote:
Is there a way to like, unwatch a topic? Its annoying to get notifications....
By the quick re[ply box just click unwatch this topic
Back to top Go down
https://dffacademy.forumotion.com
BeautifulHeadhuntress
User
User
BeautifulHeadhuntress

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks! and you should make sure that the testers know HOW to test before the test begins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I believe Testing should be handled.   How I believe Testing should be handled. Empty

Back to top Go down

How I believe Testing should be handled.
Page 1 of 1